Admission is free to the Musée du Louvre and the Musée Eugène-Delacroix for the following visitors (valid proof required):
- all visitors under the age of 18 and 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
- holders of a valid ‘Pass Education’ card
- teachers of art, art history, and the applied arts (proof of subject taught required)
- artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the IAA (International Association of Art)
- holders of a valid ICOM or ICOMOS card
- job seekers and people on income support, on presentation of proof of entitlement (dated within the last year or indicating a period of validity)
- visitors with disabilities and the person accompanying them
Admission is free for all visitors on the first Friday of the month after 6 p.m. (except in July and August) and on 14 July (unless it falls on a Tuesday, when the museum is closed).
Even if you are entitled to free admission, we advise you to book a time slot in advance to make sure that you can get inside the museum. To do so, go to the online ticketing service, choose a time slot and select the ‘free admission’ option.